nanog mailing list archives

RE: Open-Source Network Management Tools

From: "Philippe Ombredanne" <pombredanne () nexb com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:47:04 -0700

Ah yes, I'm looking forward to seeing that. :)  Need beta testers?
I will definitely need some when we make a release worthy of nanogers!
I will make a post at that time.

Ah my bad, I did forget about Zabbix - one of my guys was just showing
it off to me a few weeks ago, too.  Does look good, I just don't see
justification for replacing our nagios setups with it.
My take would be that once configured both are similar.
Nagios has a bit tougher configuration, and Zabbix is better looking.
They are pretty much head to head in terms of features, and Nagios is a
tad more popular.
Nagios is primarily coded in C, when zabbix has some C but primarily
PHP.
But to your point they are both excellent, and there is no big reason to
switch once you have one up, except for the sake of diversity....

--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | nexB - Open IT Asset Management
1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
http://www.nexb.com