nanog mailing list archives

Re: MCI problems - LA?

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Chris Moody wrote:

just got a call from MCI, informing me of a "catastrophic fiber cut" in
the area.  The tech indicated that we have a DS3 through them that "may
see a considerable performance hit" as they are performing the repairs.

Apparently this cut affects MCI, Verizon, AOL, and several other providers
which he named off.

We're getting feedback that it was deliberate vandalism, fiber cut in a
manhole in a railroad yard in Rialto, CA.  They are making repairs now.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay () west net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV