nanog mailing list archives

Re: Road Runner contact needed

From: Mark Jones <markjo () netins net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:35:13 -0500

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:12:18 -0500
Mark Jones <markjo () netins net> wrote:
Does anyone have a Road Runner contact, or can a RR.com representative
contact me offlist? Thanks. I've had no response (other than auto-ack) from
removal () security rr com or similar channels for more than a month.

Thanks to all who replied.

For reference -

I called the NOC listed at      http://puck.nether.net/netops/nocs.cgi
and was transferred to someone that could answer my questions and explain
what was going on.

Apparently they DO read email sent to removal () security rr com, and
un-block within one business day - they just don't tell you about it. In
my case, it was a /24 that was blocked (mixture of dialup, dynamic dsl,
and static). My query for info resulted in the /24 being unblocked, then
later a trojaned customer spewed spam and got the /24 blocked again.
This was repeated a couple times, apparently. It might have been better
if I had specifically requested unblocking of just the one IP in there
that actually runs a mailserver - it likely would have stayed unblocked.

Mark A Jones
Systems Administrator
netINS, Inc.   http://netins.net
(515) 830-0698   markjo () netins net