nanog mailing list archives

RE: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

From: "Brian Bruns" <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:53:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, March 14, 2004 5:45 pm, Vivien M. said:

Have you been looking at providers in the right industry? Such services
are
usually offered as addons by people who sell DNS services (especially
dynamic DNS) and other such things designed to make it easier for people
run their own servers. They do exist, and as was pointed out earlier in
this
discussion, cost much less than the 1U colo alternative. We do it, and I
know at least one or two others in our industry do...

I have actually.  I see an awful lot of services for incoming SMTP
filtering of spam/viruses, or just to hold the mail while you are offline,
but haven't seen outgoing SMTP services - which is why I asked :-)

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The AHBL - http://www.ahbl.org