nanog mailing list archives

Re: IT security people sleep well

From: "Alexei Roudnev" <alex () relcom net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:23:15 -0700

This is very bad - they have SSH in extended versions, why did not they
included it into all versions, where it was possible
without running out of flash memory.

Through, it is not so unsecured - in most cases people restricts access to a
few IP sources, which are located on the internal network, or even allows
only console access; but anyway, not a good thing. They could (at least)
allow changing telnet port

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:16:44 PDT, Eric Kuhnke <eric () fnordsystems com>