nanog mailing list archives

Re: Pushing GTLD zones [WAS: Akamai DNS Issue?]

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:07:25 +0000

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:49:20AM -0400, Patrick W Gilmore wrote:
On Jun 17, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Matt Levine wrote:

I'll still pose the question as a theoretical one... say it was
ultradns rather than akadns (..or any substantially large website in
traffic having an authoritive DNS attack), would verisign be willing
to push changes for somebody 'big' ? should they?

The only time I remember that the .com zone was pushed out of window
for a customer was one time AOL had a problem with AOL.com.  I think
they let it expire by accident, not certain.  Check the NANOG archives.

Other than that, I remember the .com zone being pushed mid-day when
there was an error during the over-night push.

patrick

        think stability.

--bill