nanog mailing list archives

Re: Even you can be hacked

From: Scott Stursa <stursa () acns fsu edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:44:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Andy Dills wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Henry Linneweh wrote:

Here are a list of very active ports that attempt to
hack into peoples systesm from various parts of the
world China in particular.

I think unassigned ports should be dropped from
routing
tables unless they are registered with the host and or
providers as to their legitimate use....

Better yet, we should hire illegal immigrants to hand deliver our packets!

Ah. A tunneling implementation.

Or if you really wanted to get creative, you could bind the inverse
multiplexer to the outflow of the negative ion generator. Just be careful
not to cross your streams.

You'll need a cold fusion generator to power that.

This is starting to look like a meower thread in an unmoderated Usenet
group.

- SLS

Scott L. Stursa                                             850/644-2591
Network Security Officer                             stursa () acns fsu edu
Academic Computing and Network Services         Florida State University

                    - No good deed goes unpunished -