nanog mailing list archives

Re: SSH on the router - was( IT security people sleep well)

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:38:22 -0700

and all the other things single points of failure need.
like pixie dust, chicken entrails, ...
Where did the word "single" come from, given he had an "s"
on gateways?  Replicate them across POPs

glib, but ignores the massive cost and bureaucratic insanity it
takes to install yet one more box in a real pop.  we already go
through that for the out-of-band and serial console management
device(s).  we have in-band access; so one uses the in-band for
ssh to devices; with acls, of course.  telnet stopped being an
option before most of the readers of nanog ever met a router.

randy