nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking Glass Wiki

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:05:32 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed that recently on Geektools also and that
needs to updated and or fixed

-Henry

--- Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek () bgp4 net> wrote:

Thomas Kernen wrote:

Since I've been hitting a lot of looking glass
sites on traceroute.org
lately that no longer worked, I decided to make my
own list in wiki
form.

 > FYI Traceroute.org is updated approx once a
month, most of the input
 > is based on user feedback these days since
automated checking is
 > usually rejected by a lot (most) webmasters in
order to prevent
 > automated querries so I get a lot of false
positives. Also, since
 > quite a few of these services are maintained by
engineering teams they
 > tend to go offline for hours/days/weeks/months
but are valid URLs.

First, let me say that traceroute.org is a wonderful
site.  I have no
desire to pull all of it into wiki format.  All I am
interested in are
the looking glasses and route servers.  Since there
are only a few
hundred of these, I'll still be able to hand check
them every few weeks.
Also, being a wiki, users will be able to update the
entries themselves.

Thanks for all the hard work you to on
traceroute.org.  I really
appreciate and use it a lot.