nanog mailing list archives

RE: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net (fwd from ml)

From: Sam Stickland <sam_ml () spacething org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:02:31 +0100 (BST)

I think I ought to qualify my earlier email - I certainly didn't mean to
suggest that this would happen. I meant to merely comment on what the
expected increase in load might be if we did see a trend towards lower
TTLs.

Any trend towards lower TTLs would be outside of Verisign's control
anyhow, and if it did happen, it would no doubt be a gradual effect. Which
brings me back to my original question - does anyone know of any stastics
for TTL values?

Sam