nanog mailing list archives

Re: other virus damages/costs.....(hello skynet.be ?)

From: Matthew Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:25:42 +1000

jlewis () lewis org wrote:

Enough people are sufficiently annoyed by antivirus

notifications/advertisements that they're starting to ask for DNSBLs of systems that send them. I suspect before long, there will be some.
Already thought about it (and dismissed it)

But this really doesn't seem to be NANOG material. Try spam-l or spamtools.
It could be - it is a network issue - particually where so many people feel the need to reply with virus 'reports'... I know the virus mails and the virus reports certainly caused some issues network wise at Telstra recently.

/ Mat