nanog mailing list archives

Need some info on network management

From: Savitha Kumar <savikk () yahoo co in>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:36:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am a Post Graduate student from India and network
management is my area of interest. I have been
browsing through the net on different network
management tools available in the market. In all of
them, accounting management which is one of the FCAPS
functionality is not supported on any of the NMS's.

So I thought it would make sense if I contact a
network operations group regarding this. Can you
please throw some light on the following -
 1. Why is "accounting" not part of most of the NMS's?
 2. What do service providers use for billing their
 customers?

It would be great if you could help me on this.

Thanks a lot for your valuable time!

Regards,
Savitha

Yahoo! India Education Special: Study in the UK now.
Go to http://in.specials.yahoo.com/index1.html