nanog mailing list archives

Re: MTUs - Was: Strange public traceroutes return private RFC1918 addresses

From: "M. David Leonard" <mdl () equinox shaysnet com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:22:35 -0500 (EST)

        As late as 1973 Dodge Power Wagons (WDX style, at least) still
had the aperture and the crankshaft end coupling for a hand crank.  Dunno
about any later models.

                                        David Leonard
                                        ShaysNet

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

Kevin Oberman wrote:

So there we are. Want to bet on whether 40 GigE will still have the 1522
byte limit?

What was the last year that automobiles had the fitting for
a crank on the front of the engine?  (My recollection is that
it was several years after there was hole through the sheetmetal
to get to it.)