nanog mailing list archives

Re: (newbie) BGP For Dummies?

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:35:54 +0530

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:08:45 -0800, Alexei Roudnev <alex () relcom net> wrote:

There was excellent docuent on Cisco (better than book). I can search for
it, if you want.

This one is not too bad ..
Practical BGP (Russ White, Danny McPherson, Srihari Sangli)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321127005/103-1122659-1873401?v=glance

Btw, BGP is not for dummies, too many possible consequencies of config
errors are possible.

Sometimes that's the best way to learn .. when you have accidentally
messed up configs on a router that's halfway across town once, have to
drive over and fix the resulting mess, you learn quite fast not to
repeat that mistake again :)

If this guy was anywhere in the asiapac region I'd just have asked him
to attend the workshops and tutorials at SANOG or APRICOT - there are
a lot more teaching in those two events than you see in NANOG
meetings.

  --srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)