nanog mailing list archives

Re: Worst design decisions?

From: Damian Gerow <damian () sentex net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:34:16 -0400

Thus spake Mike Donahue (mdonahue () WATG com) [19/09/03 15:28]:
Hi.. I might have missed the post, but braille on drive through has zero to
do with a design mistake - it's practicality.  The ATM manufacturer doesn't
put out a "drive-through" and "walk-up" model - it puts out one, and then
it's up to whomever to mount it.  Simpler just to put braille on the kit and
ship, and not worry about it.

But the bank, who chooses to mount the Braille-enabled machine as drive
through, orders the Braille added, do they not?

(As to whether or not this is a good idea, I'm keeping away from.)