nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root Server Operators (Re: What *are* they smoking?)

From: bert hubert <ahu () ds9a nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:11:27 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 05:13:45AM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

therefore i believe that while they may have to change the A RR from time to
time according to their transit contracts, verisign won't insert an NS RR
into the sitefinder redirection.  if they do, and if bind's user community
still wants to avoid sitefinder, they can declare the second server "bogus",
with no new code changes from isc.  but that all seems terribly unlikely.

I for one expect a small arms race over this - I'm not implementing the
end-all solution quite yet as I expect some further moves by VRSN.