nanog mailing list archives

Re: Important changes to the .org tld today.

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () att net il>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:46:12 +0300 (IDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Neil J. McRae wrote:

I think Rodney's posting was significantly relevent especially when
compared to all the other postings here.  -Hank

The .org zone file will continue to be pushed to the Verisign
nameservers for a short period of time. However due to the fact that
the UltraDNS nameservers publish and propagate zone changes globally
within 5 minutes, rather than the twice daily update schedule of the
Verisign nameservers, answers from the NSTLD.COM nameservers may be
out of date and inconsistent with the actual SOA for up to 24 hours
after a change is accepted by the Public Interest Registry (PIR.org).

Hmm I thought this was NANOG and not MARKETINGPOINTLESSINFOOG ?

Neil.

Hank Nussbacher