nanog mailing list archives

Re: FW: e-bay

From: Krzysztof Adamski <k () adamski org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Mike Tomasura wrote:

I guess e-bay had some problems? A few users got this message from them.

Dear eBay user!

At 09.24.2003 our company has lost a number
of accounts in the system during the database
maintenance. If you have an active account, please
click on the link below to update your credit card
information. If you have problems with your account, please let us know
at email support () ebay com <mailto:support () ebay com>

https://cgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?UpdateInformation
<https://e%31bay.com/saw-cgi/?UpdateInformation>

The fact that the url is e-bay.com and they don't have a valid certificate
is a good indication that this is a scam. There are lots of them that look
very similar.