nanog mailing list archives

Re: contact at yahoo mail? (they think we're an open relay :< )

From: "Paul S. Brown" <pol () geekstuff co uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:11:44 +0100

On Thursday 09 October 2003 11:30 pm, chuck goolsbee wrote:
Today our email forwarders started getting this from yahoo.com
mail handlers:

<snip>
Us too.  And more than one ISP that I have seen (for example,
iglou.com mentioned that one of their boxes was being blocked)

Something looks badly borked there.

bork bork bork

Indeed. They were blocking our servers this morning, but without any
intervention by us (to my knowledge) it is working again now. Go
figure.

Does yahoo have any *real* mail accounts anyway? I think the only
time I actually send anything to yahoo.com mail addresses is when we
are actively hiring people. Isn't yahoo mail only used to hide job
hunting from current employers? =)

As of last month Yahoo! are providing some mail services for BT Openworld in
the UK, soon to be all of their consumer mail accounts.

P.