nanog mailing list archives

Re: CCO/cisco.com issues.

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:45:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, ed () the7thbeer com wrote:

Anyone who doesn't think that's an operational issue, just wait until it
bites you on the ass.

Now we have clear evidence that there are no less than three who
understand the threat.

My first thought was that the DDoS was a means of obscuring access to
patches for other vulnerabilities that might be simulatenously exploited.
I'm assuming, though not certain, that Cisco would have alternative
distribution/communication/update channels in such an event, but is that
indeed the case?

My access to ftp.cisco.com is working fine whilst the website remains down..

Steve