nanog mailing list archives

Re: Removal of wildcard A records from .com and .net zones

From: Adam Kujawski <adamkuj () amplex net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:18:26 -0400

Quoting Matt Larson <mlarson () verisign com>:

VeriSign was directed by ICANN to suspend the Site Finder service by
0100 UTC on Sunday, October 5.  We requested an extension from ICANN
to give more notice to the community but were denied.

Since when does Verisign argue that the community should be given advanced
notice of drastic changes to the .com/.net zones?

Would anybody from Verisign like to explain how extended notice of the wildcard
removal would benefit the Internet community? I'm all ears.

-Adam