nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

From: "Dave Howe" <DaveHowe () gmx co uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:41:37 -0000

Avleen Vig wrote:
Indeed, and IPSec tunnels are frequently done between routers on
networks, rather than individual hosts on networks (at least in most
multi-site enterprises i've seen).
Indeed so yes - however... A large and increasing segment of my users are
VPN laptop users with ADSL at home. our accounts department looks a
certain amount of askance at IT when they get a large phone bill in
expenses for someone using a 33.6 modem right next to a nice shiny half
meg ADSL connection that IPSec won't traverse....