nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whois software run by Lacnic and BR?

From: Frederico A C Neves <fneves () registro br>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:14:42 -0200

Hank,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:55:18PM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
At 01:28 PM 20-10-03 -0200, Frederico A C Neves wrote:

Hank,

These whois servers uses an output format "based" on RPSL with added
extensions for organizations and dns delegation status.

Can you point me to documentation on the extensions?   Any plan on RFCing?

No. There is no public documentation for this. There is an effort at
the IETF [1] trying to standardize the discovery, output format and
the query semantics. Some time in the future these servers will be
"CRISP" compliant.

The whois server at the .BR registry (also the NIR for Brazil) doesn't
provide country information because it's implicit as it only provide
information for Brazil.

Implicit is fine for humans but for automated scripts, couldn't it be made
to have country=BR for all your inetnum entries?

We'll look at this for our next server release,

Thanks,
Hank

Regards,
Frederico Neves