nanog mailing list archives

Re: AOL E.mail issues..

From: "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb () gettcomm com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:55:15 -0400

At 7:30 AM -1000 10/18/03, Robert Mathews wrote:
Is anyone experiencing E.mail weirdness, specifically bounces from AOL
today at all?  I have spoken to a number of others from various parts
of CONUS, who seem to have a similar issue..

I've been seeing it from them, but also from non-AOL sources. They appear to be virus bounces with a French-language message in the headers.Not speaking French, I don't remember the exact phrase and unfortunately just purged my email trash, but the phrase had DENOYE in it.

All of these bounces, when viewed, contained the continuing Microsoft "update mail".