nanog mailing list archives

Re: the gauntlet is thrown

From: wayne <wayne () midwestcs com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:37:30 -0500

In <Pine.GSO.4.44.0310031146010.18172-100000 () clifden donelan com> Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com> writes:

While any reasonable person would know what ICANN asked Verisign to do,
any prediction whether Verisign will adopt a passive-agressive posture
and inteprete the letter in a way to cause maximum disruption to all
users of the Internet and then blame ICANN?

ICANN told us to roll back the .COM/.NET zones to September 15 and stop
making changes; so we deleted all domain names registered after September
15 and undid all changes.

Given that ICANN is using the clauses in their contract with VeriSlime
to demand the removal of the wildcards, I suspect that any such move
by VeriSlime would trigger Bad Legal Things for VeriSlime.

-wayne