nanog mailing list archives

Re: cooling systems

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris () westnet com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:55:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:

costs, not to mention be a little more environmentally friendly.  We were
thinking we could circulate the air up to the roof and cool it there inside
some aluminum ducts and then bring it back down.  We dont want to just
bring in cold air as it is quite dirty outside since we are next to a major
highway.  Anyone done anything like this before in a computer room setting ?

Depending on the type of AC you have, it may already do that. If it is, say,
a one piece roof mounted unit, with intake/oulet ducts attached to the
building, then just leave the fan on all the time and it will do what you
want.

If it's a split unit, with copper tubeing bringing the freon from an outside
to inside unit, then this doesn't work.

Chris Candreva  -- chris () westnet com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/