nanog mailing list archives

RE: IANA reserved Address Space

From: "Jeroen Massar" <jeroen () unfix org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:12:04 +0200

Brennan_Murphy () NAI com wrote:

I'm tasked with coming up with an IP plan for an very large lab
network. I want to maximize route table manageability and
router/firewall log readability. I was thinking of building this
lab with the following address space:

1.0.0.0 /8
10.0.0.0 /8
100.0.0.0 /8

If you are using a completely disconnected *LAB* network then why don't
you use 'real' addresses and do the test like that simulating the
environment just as in 'the real world' (matrix onion layer 666 ;)

The only reason you should be worried about IANA is if you
where connecting this network to the internet or to other nets.

Greets,
 Jeroen