nanog mailing list archives

Re: [ifl.net #3657] Contact at: DNSRBL / Namesystems

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 23:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 May 2003, John R. Levine wrote:

Despite attempts to contact DNSRBL / Namesystems I'm not receiving
any response at all - has anyone on the list any useful contacts?
(www.dnsrbl.com) - please reply off list.

I know a lot of DNSBLs, and I've never heard of this one before, nor
do I know anyone who uses it.

I've heard of it...can't remember why.  Perhaps just that they popped up
in http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/cbc.html which I check from time to
time.  I haven't had the opportunity to look at their site much since it
does "Evil $hit"(TM) that doesn't render in Netscape for Linux and locks
up Opera for Linux.  I had to use Konqueror just now to see their site.

If someone's using to block mail and you care about sending mail to
that recieipient, I'd be more inclined to call the receipient and
suggest he or she use some more competently run DNSBLs.

Or just ask them to whitelist you, but it is kind of annoying that dnsrbl
would list your server as a spam source, without making any evidence
available on their site suggesting what caused them to form that opinion.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |