nanog mailing list archives

Re: AS1 Network peering

From: German Martinez <gmartine () opentransit net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 00:00:38 -0400

On May 09, 2003, Flash wrote:

This is my first posting after lurking for quite some time so please be
gentle.
I wanted to know if anyone else felt the pain of the former Genuity AS1
de-peering with a number of key nap's Wednesday May 7th. Unfortunately one
of our EBGP peers is AS3356 which appears to have picked up a number of the
peerings that AS1 disconnected from. Since Level3 and Genuity are one in the

AS3356 (Level3) is now the only transit provider of AS1.

same now was this event the merging of portions of AS1 into AS3356 ?

AS1 still exist but I don't think that for too long.  I think that they
do have several transit connections around the US, all of them as said
hooked up to AS3356.

Gordon
AS13407

Best
German

--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
    -- Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973) Spanish Cubist painter