nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

From: Andrew Dorsett <zerocool () netpath net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:05:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 Spencer.Wood () dot state oh us wrote:

I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem as we are having... Our NOC
and Server Equipment is located in "No Cell Phone signal" zone of our
building (It's amazing what metal walls, Server Racks and HVAC Systems
will do to Cellphone Signals).  I was wondering if anyone out there has
found a device that will be able to repeat the Cell Phone signal back into
our NOC & Server Area's???

Well we need a little bit more information.  Who is the cellular provider?
What modes are you trying to operate the cell in?

Just a for instance and to let you know that those systems do exist.  For
an iden system, Southern LINC sells this:
http://www.southernlinc.com/largemultiple.asp

Andrew
---
<zerocool () netpath net>
http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."