nanog mailing list archives

RE: companies like microsoft and telia...

From: Huopio Kauto <Kauto.Huopio () ficora fi>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:52:42 +0300

Perhaps someone could write a bcp for an email-form that lays out the
same
information so we can make the complaints use this format and all
abuse
departments can accept using this form, to get some structure to it?

yow.  i first asked that this be done in 1998, and for this very reason
among others.  can anybody beat that date (with an earlier one?)  this is
a hard problem but with outlook forms and sri-style ascii templates it's
quite achievable.  note though that many abusebots will reject MIME
since it might contain a virus.  and, there will be huge controversies
about header munging, list cleaning, complaint forwarding, and >definitions
of
"abuse", "consent", "implied consent", "recourse", and "standing".

so if ``someone'' writes this up, count me as a grateful&willing
reviewer.
--
Paul Vixie

How about IODEF? Lots of CERT:s and company-internal abuse teams:s ticketing
systems are going to eat it with ease - if not now, soon.

--Kauto
FICORA / CERT-FI