nanog mailing list archives

Re: 69.0.0.0/8 - Please update your filters

From: Haesu <haesu () towardex com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:49:00 -0500 (EST)

If the alternative is getting space, giving it to customers, and
explaining why they can't reach X, Y, and Z on their connection to us, but
they can on other internet connections, we're going to at least have to
try.

True, but we'd have to try something that would be effective... Imagine
how many of those incompetent ASN's still have _outdated_ technical
contact email and phone numbers..

I like the idea of moving the gtld servers into such space.  That way, the
networks that are at fault will break, and they'll be well motivated to
fix their filters.

I think this is the way to go. It will break the ASN's who do not properly
have updated filters. The only thing to be careful is a type of
consequence where some of _your_ customers may attempt to get to one of
the broken ASN's. DNS issue at the broken ASN's may cause few
minor-to-medium oddities that may cause more phone calls on your end.

-hc

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |