nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fun new policy at AOL

From: Roland Perry <nanog () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:51:06 -0400

In article <B9D3F155-D971-11D7-828E-000A956885D4 () crocker com>, Matthew
Crocker <matthew () crocker com> writes
ISPs would need to contact AOL, provide valid contact into and accept some sort
of AUP (I shall not spam AOL...) and then be allowed to connect from their IPs.
AOL could kick that mail server off later if they determine they are spamming.

Next time I'm lobbying about "the cost of Spam", I'll have to remember
to add in all this activity as well as the end user perspective (and the
more traditional "we need to buy bigger servers and pipes" stuff).
--
Roland Perry