nanog mailing list archives

RE: Abuse.cc ???

From: "McBurnett, Jim" <jmcburnett () msmgmt com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 22:51:27 -0500

I tell ya, what really gets me in a bad mood is when my PIX logs
show the same IP address hitting port 80 on 25 different IP's
and the time line is 2 seconds start to finish.
And then you report it, and it continues after a week every single day.
Substitute port 80 here with 1433, 139,135, and on and on..
When a Syslog trap with a NTP sync time base and the entire log is not good
enough, I don't know what is....
Yesterday, I got word from a network operator that 50 entries was not sufficient.
So I parsed 4 days's worth and sent them over 1200 messages from their block..
have not heard back yet..

With a syslog file, sometimes an IDSLog and a Syslog.

Some ISP's either /dev/null all of it, or they can't stop their users
or politics stop 'em..

Later,