nanog mailing list archives

Re: vrf resources?

From: Scott Call <scall () devolution com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

Revised for clarity (I blame the 100.6 fever)
The problem I'm having is that traffic destined for IP addresses within
the VRF Vlan from interfaces not within the VRF vlan (they don't have "ip
vrf forwarding" statements in their interface configurations) which of
course breaks the whole concept of a private routing table.

Rephrase:

Traffic entering the router on an interface not bound to the VRF, but with
a destination IP within the VRF is forwarded like it entered a bound
interface, instead of being send to the default route.

My apologizes  for not actually finishing my thought the first time
around :)
-s

--
Scott Call      Router Geek, ATGi, home of $6.95 Prime Rib
"Copyright Law is not a tool of repression granted to an unaccountable