nanog mailing list archives

RE: RE: long distance gigabit ethernet

From: "Bill St. Arnaud" <bill.st.arnaud () canarie ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:57:55 -0500

Good point. We operate 2 long haul native Gbe networks - one 350km the other 1500km

Tinming and jitter means that we have to do 3R regen with ethernet switches after every 3 hops

I suspect with native 10Gbe you will run into a lot of dispersion problems on long haul.

Bill

Bill St. Arnaud
Senior Director Network Projects
CANARIE Inc