nanog mailing list archives

Re: If you thought Y2K was bad, wait until cyber-security hits

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:28:20 -0700

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 08:22:00PM -0400, sean () donelan com said:
[snip more depressing erosion of common sense and liberties under the guise
of 'patriotism']

The security "Gold Standard" for Microsoft 2000 was written by the
Critical Infrastructure Protection Board, the Center for Internet
Security, the National Security Agency, the General Services
Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and
the SANS Institute.

_Microsoft_ managed to get a security 'Gold Standard' for one of its
products? This must be for some non-golden value of gold ...
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527