nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Security Policies

From: Josha Bronson <dmuz () slartibartfast angrypacket com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:47:37 -0800

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:13:18PM -0500, Hauser, Dewitt C, IV (Clint), SOBUS said:
At the moment, we're firming up our policy on access to Networking Devices
and the like.  In support of this, I'm looking for any links to white papers
or other such sources that discuss/support the following things:

      - Limiting the number of people with access
      - Scheduled password change/rotation
      - Password change when someone with access leaves

RFC 2196: Site Security Handbook

http://sunsite.dk/RFC/index2101.html#2196

Excellent document. I found it to be invaluable when developing security
policies.

Cheers,
--
Josha Bronson