nanog mailing list archives

Re: [nsp] Cisco DS3 Questions..

From: rs () seastrom com (Robert E. Seastrom)
Date: 25 Feb 2002 13:25:44 -0500

Jesper Skriver <jesper () skriver dk> writes:

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 07:36:11AM -0800, Eliot Lear wrote:

At 09:24 PM 2/22/2002 +0100, Jesper Skriver wrote:

int Serial0
 encap hdlc
 down-when-looped

I know, but that needs to be configued in both ends, and as it's not the
default, it's likely not to be configured on the CPE device ...

Neither is PPP.

The customer will never get the link up if he/she doesn't
configure PPP, he/she will get link up if the link is configured
for HDLC but they havn't configured 'down-when-looped'

The customer's failure to configure "down-when-looped" on his end will
not adversely affect the behavior of "down-when-looped" on your end.

But this argument is really pedantic and silly.  Can we call it quits?
Please?

                                        ---rob