nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent and Level3 Peering Issues

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:55:58 -0500

In a message written on Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:02:13AM -0800, william () elan net wrote:
I pointed that out on another list too but somebody else responded  that
abovenet to aol connection is congested as it is and more then likely
would not have been able to take all the extra traffic. I'm not a customer

There are no congestion issues between 6461 and 1668 at this time.
If someone believes there is a problem please have them contact me
off list so I can look into it.

I can make no comment on the volume of traffic, having no idea what
volume is involved.

If you consider the paths that are available for a moment, I think
most people can deduce why they are choosing the Level 3 path, and
it has nothing to do with performance.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request () tmbg org, www.tmbg.org