nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recovery > It will take years...

From: Jim Mercer <jim () reptiles org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:38:45 -0400

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:40:39PM -0400, John Fraizer wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Eric Gauthier wrote:
It's 3:39am and over the last 45 minutes I've seen and heard at least 4 jets
flying overhead. Since the FAA has suspended all air traffic, by looking at
the speed and hearing the sound I can only guess these are fighter pilots.

I live up in Boston and I've heard at least 3 jets this morning (between
9am and 11am)....  Our airports are closed (obviously)...

Remember folks.  The closure limits flights to government and medical
flights.  Our government makes use of commercial flights many times.

i'm in Nunavut, Canada (up near the arctic circle).

as an indication of how wide-reaching the air traffic restrictions are, i was
just informed that the Nunavut government has restricted air traffic in nunavut
airspace to medevac, resupply and search/rescue until further notice.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim () reptiles org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]