nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () research att com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:51:00 -0400

In message <5.1.0.14.2.20010912104126.0d971e50@127.0.0.1>, "Patrick W. Gilmore"
 writes:

At 10:20 AM 9/12/2001 -0400, Randy Bush wrote:

Although there are Muslims that believe we should all live in peace and
harmony the fundamentals of the Muslim faith state that [x and y] should
be exterminated.

this is the horrible desease of all fanatics, irrespective of religion.
the disease is not restricted to one view of god.

do not spread it yourself.  resist the cycle of violence and hate.

Randy,

Honorable post, thank you.

But I sincerely doubt Mr. Diffey realizes just how closely his thought
processes mirror the thoughts of those who did this.

Precisely.  We can't allow hate to breed hate.  By all means hunt down
the folks responsible -- but let's not overreact and forget about
"innocent until proven guilty", civil liberties, respect for human
beings, and common sense.  If we do, the terrorists will have won.

                                  http://www.wilyhacker.com