nanog mailing list archives

Re: Analysis from a JHU CS Prof

From: "Peter Galbavy" <peter.galbavy () knowtion net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:48:15 +0100

The UK is receiving some odd 'censored' stuff. My friend, from Israel, read on a
Israeli news web site about the third building collapse (building 7 / Salomons
?) about 4 hours before they mentioned it here in the UK. Maybe that was a wrong
and/or coincidental report earlier, but it makes me wonder, and make me thankful
for the Internet in a way.

For those of us over the pond, sympathies for all those involved, and thanks to
folks on NANOG for keeping the operational information flowing. I expect that we
will hear about diesel failures here just before half of the European
connectivity fails from lower Manhattan...

rgds,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowtion Ltd.