nanog mailing list archives

Re: Pinging Yahoo! (WAS: Getting hacked by Digital Isle?)

From: "R.P. Aditya" <aditya () grot org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:50:41 -0700

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:37:53PM -0400, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
Perhaps we should pick something else to ping, something that is relatively
ubiquitous, something that everyone knows, something that should be up all
the time, something that has good connectivity, something that everyone
here would not mind sending random packets for random reasons ....

Is there an Akamai hostname we can ping which would get a response from the
closest cache? Or do we have to let you know in advance that we'll be doing
this?

Adi