nanog mailing list archives

Re: netsol: not processing requests?

From: Tom Glover <tomg () egg net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:34:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, *Hobbit* wrote:

okay, since you appear to be successful at getting NSI to jump when you say,
how 'bout sending in some more details to nanog about HOW you manage to do
it?  Even down to how you format your mail to them, which is apparently
important since their auto-parsers are so broken, and down to what magic
words you say to humans over the phone, and how you escalate out of the
worldwide-scattered call-centers up to someone with an actual CLUE ...
I think if you provided this information, you would do the NANOG community
a great service.  Too many of us have wasted too much time dealing with
NSI, and I'm sure that swapping registrars isn't an immediate option for
many of them...

_H*

I used their Web site to request a list of all zones using my nameservers.
I got it within 3 days. I then called them and asked how they wanted me
to handle a global change request. At that time they gave me what they
call a "Service request number" and told me to send an e-mail using that
number. Specifically they told me to send an e-mail to
hostmaster () networksolutions com with a subject of "Global Change Request"
and quoting the "Service request number" as the first line of the e-mail
body. I did this and all zones were changed as requested within a few
days.

--
Tom Glover