nanog mailing list archives

Re: wireless traffic

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:20:47 -0500

On Fri, 09 Nov 2001 08:49:54 EST, Art Houle <houle () zeppo acns fsu edu>  said:
Does anybody know where I can locate a list of MAC address prefixes that
belong specifically to wireless NIC cards?  I am looking for a method of
discovering what devices on my network are wireless devices.

Power down the wireless hub and see who calls? ;)

Seriously though - your wireless hub/transmitter may have a queryable
arp table that will tell you what's not using the wire....

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst