nanog mailing list archives

RE: Remote Area Satellite Internet Access

From: John Starta <john () starta org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:47:11 -0700

Jeremy,

Do you know whether Starband is working on a "modem" with an Ethernet connection. Right now their modem design restricts the owner to a single computer. Sure this can be overcome, however it requires leaving that computer on which is a waste of resources. I would much rather just put a small router/firewall in-line so that I can use any computer in the house.

jas