nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stability of the Internet?

From: "Bryan C. Andregg" <bandregg () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:16:06 -0400

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:45:11AM -0400, wb8foz () nrk com mailed:

Andrew Brown sez:

all i have to add to this discussion is that i await the time when i
can register index.html as a domain name.  it seems to me that someone
will miss the significance of that at some point in setting an
"alternate root" and make really strange waves.

Someone DID get "localhost.com" and bitched about the traffic...

I was the owner of localhost.org for quite a while. I think in the four years
I had it I received one email about it and that was from some pfy who didn't
understand how nameservice worked.
--
  Bryan C. Andregg           Smoke Jumper           "As Slow as Possible,
    <bandregg () redhat com>      Red Hat, Inc.           As Fast as Necessary."

  gpg  1024D/19893A19   A8DA 869A 037A C6B5 BF07  AB61 E406 414B 1989 3A19