nanog mailing list archives

Re: Frame-relay outage: Nolo Contendere

From: "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam () noc everquick net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:27:43 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 29 May 2001 09:53:13 -0700
From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>

Intersting cover letter included with SBC's FCC Outage report on
Friday's  frame-relay problems in California and Nevada.

"Attached please find an Initial Service Disruption Report by SBC
Advanced Solutions, Inc (SBC-ASI) This report is submitted on an
informational basis, and without admission that the provisions of 47 CFR
63.100 are appliaable to SBC-ASI or to the services provided by
SBC-ASI."

[ snip hairy URL ]

I note that both Worldcom and AT&T filed FCC initial outage reports
about their frame-relay and ATM network problems, and final outage
reports without such words in their cover letter.

I recently read a tariff filing by SWBT that did something similar.  I'd
have to dig up the filing for the exact wording, but it was something to
the effect of "we're just doing this because we're nice, not because we
think it applies."  Yeah, right.

Is this "we don't agree with the PUC, but we're just doing it because
we're so nice" thing something that SBC does now?

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet Division

Phone: (316) 794-8922