nanog mailing list archives

Re: Statements against new.net?

From: Mark Kosters <markk () netsol com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:56:13 -0500

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:55:09PM -0800, Simon Higgs wrote:
Can someone point to working examples for this please? The last LDAP/DNS
system I checked was Verisign's and they appeared to take the LDAP query,
convert it to query whois and then convert the result back into an LDAP
response. The storage portion was not native LDAP.

Actually there are native LDAP interfaces for the Verisign registry and
Verisign registrar. For a couple of other registrars, we wrote a GPL'ed
whois->ldap gateway. Documentation of the project, examples of how to
use local LDAP clients, a sample web interface that calls LDAP,
and the gateway code is at http://www.ldap.research.netsol.com.

Regards,
Mark

--

Mark Kosters     markk () netsol com
PGP Key fingerprint =  1A 2A 92 F8 8E D3 47 F9  15 65 80 87 68 13 F6 48